Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas In Our RV !

So what is it like hanging out in a RV in Southern California, during the Christmas Season?

I have lived in cold climates all my life and Andy has been in Oregon for over 30 years, so this sunny, warm environment is kind of strange to us ole timers.

Today, the sun was shining so we took a "walkabout"  the small town of Seal Beach, California. The Christmas decorations were out...people dressed up in their "Christmas Sweaters" and bands were playing Christmas Music. People were shopping and smiling but something just didn't feel right ! It seems like the "Christmas season" !  I know it is !  I see the decorations, I see people shopping,  I know its like mid December! What can it be...why does it not feel like Christmas...oh I know !!!


Palm Trees next to a Christmas Tree ? Oh my !  How can this be ?  Tell me it isn't so ! It is also 68 degrees ! How can this be the "Christmas Season"?  No cold, no snow, and for the people from the Northwest...NO RAIN !

I am glad it doesn't feel like the "Christmas Season" come to think of it! I don't miss the cold and the rain !

Being in a RV resort around Christmas is kind of weird too.  As I sit in the passenger seat in Epinephrine, our RV, and look out the windshield ...lol...What do I see ?  I see Motorhomes and 5th Wheels all decorated up!  They, the people who live in them, have strung lights all over the place. If something can hold a string of lights then by gosh there is a string of lights hanging from it.  They even put those blow up things on their roofs and put lights on the ground surrounding the RV site.  They are so weird ! 



I am looking right now on my GPS for the nearest Walmart....I need some Christmas lights and one of those big inflatable Santa and Reindeer things !!

Andy just had to decorate the inside of our RV too. So here she is...big smile on her face.



No comments:

Post a Comment