Monday, March 25, 2013

Toilet Overflow....Hello Tucson !

We are now staying at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, Arizona.  We will be here until around April 7, 2013. Everything depends on our mood and of course the weather.  We don't want to head east or north until the weather stays "spring like". Today it is sunny, clear skies and the temp is 82 degrees.

Donna and Chuck as well as Dee and Andy are here.  How great is that !  Happy hour this afternoon that's for sure.

Just inside of Main Gate looking out
If you only knew what I had to do to get this shot !
A-10


While we were in Fort Huachuca we had a little flood in the motorhome.  The toilet had been sticking and I thought "oh ...no big deal, I will fix it later".  I was woken the next morning by Andy screaming, "there is water all over the place"

What had happened,  Andy woke up in the middle of the night and had to go potty.  When she pushed the handle to flush the toilet all was good... "except"....the water kept running into the toilet and of course into our tanks. Andy never heard the water running, since she is hard of hearing, and she never turned on the light.

So, here we are, six hours later ! Andy gets up and goes to the bathroom and sits on the toilet.  She jumps up because she sat down and got her butt wet and cold.  LOL.  The toilet was full of water and was flowing all over the bathroom floor.  Thank goodness I dumped the tank the night before so it was clean water and not...well you can guess !!

I ran outside and opened the black tank valve to drain the tank. So thankful that the overflow kicked in so we were not flooded out!! That would have been way worse than Andy just having a wet butt.

While we were there we also went on a 57 mile ATV ride through Patagonia, McClintock Range and the San Rafael Valley.  We even stood at the border of United states and Mexico.


OK GUYS I AM READY   LETS GO !!
My honey and I
Zoom...Zoom

 


I have been trying to explain what a Jesus Bush looks like....see below !
Because when you run into one at night on a patrol you yell..Jesus "Blank" Christ !
Just for Andy... in the middle of no where.  I mean nothing around for 10 miles !

We met a nice couple that are full timing in their 26 foot travel trailer, which is not so common, in a trailer that small.  What was even more surprising is they are traveling with seven children.  Twins who just turned 2 and the oldest is 10. Even more astounding is they are all adopted! The kids were well behaved and sweet. What an endeavor!

Andy wanted me to take a picture of the gym in the RV Park here in Ft Huachuca ?



Andy said I have to look like this in 6 weeks...Dang, how do I get all those pretty colors !  lol

When we got here to Tucson we went to the flea market with our ole buddies Chuck and Donna ! 

Candy, Chuck,Chuck Andy and I...Hey where is Donna !
Donna is still missing !  Where is that woman !!
What ?  What ?  Whats so funny !






1 comment:

  1. Awh Preston, you are so sweet! It was so nice meeting you and Andy - A.K.A the fruit lady. You were great neighbors and I wish the evenings where a little warmer, so we could have had a glass of wine together - but next time. I am glad you made it to Tucson; safe travels!

    Christine - Tribal Mamma
    www.7ramblingkids.com

    ReplyDelete