Monday, May 13, 2013

Inks Lake and Longhorn Cavern Texas State Parks

We decided to try out Inks Lake and Longhorn Cavern Texas State Parks on Greg's recommendation.  So glad we did!  Inks Lake was the best Texas State Park we stayed at.  Our spot was right on the lake. We were able to fish and BBQ within our campgrounds at the same time.  Andy even caught a small catfish.

While camping in a Texas State Park you can fish for free.  Since we were from out of state we thought that was pretty dang cool.  Thanks Texas for the free camping and fishing.  They treat us veterans well !!

Our sunset on Inks Lake Texas State Park
I found them...Al, bro, I found them.  They asked how to get back.  They are sorry !

The dump people were even there..how cool was that.  We hung out together.  Had a great time!  Sure hope to see them again.

What a Dinner !  Good times... good people
Preston, Barbara and Deit,  (dump people)
We will see you again...happy trails my friends !
Longhorn Cavern is one of three, in the United States, natural caverns that were made by free flowing rivers deep underground.

Me..cool 67 degrees
Honey
Andy only stayed a few days because she wanted to surprise her mother for Mothers Day.  She flew back to Portland, Oregon for a week.

I took a day and drove to Houston, Texas to visit my Niece Sheila, Greg and the kids.  I had a blast.  We even went out and ate 20 lbs of southern craw fish.  Dang that was good. Thanks for putting me up for the night Sheila.

Last Friday I drove Epi to Dallas to visit my family while Andy was back in Portland, Oregon.  We, my family, stayed up into the wee hours of the morning talking, laughing and fighting.  Yes we fought, heated discussions.  That is what we do! We will never change!  Sandy and Misty fed me well...thanks ladies... and Andy was worried about me eating.  lol  Like I have that problem.  I always have a back up plan don't I Donna and Chuck !

Sandy and Rick
Misty and Josh.
Andy is coming into Dallas tonight and then tomorrow we are heading out of Texas towards Fayetteville, Arkansas to visit our friend Eileen.


2 comments:

  1. Surprised you didn't comment more on the history of Longhorn Caverns, has maybe the most storied history of any caves in the US

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are right. Maybe I should edit and start over. Thanks Jerry.

    ReplyDelete