Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Devils Tower.

Everyone has to stop by and see Mount Rushmore !   Don't need your Access or America Beautiful card because entry into the national Monument is free ! No, it really is.  One of the few Monuments that is free.  Most charge like $3 or $5 bucks.

Here is the kicker though!  It costs $11 to park your vehicle which is run by a contractor! So, I guess it really isn't free now is it !  lol

Not much to really say.  It is a beautiful place.  Amazing ! Once again one of those places you've seen pictures of but they never do it justice!

Mount Rushmore

Can you name them !  Try !
Who are these Guys?  Who is the one on the right?  Bet you don't know ! I didn't !  lol  Shame Shame !
I bet people don't know who the President on the "left" !  Is he a President ?  Maybe ...maybe not !
Everyone said we had to check out Crazy Horse too.  So we did !   A fellow military retiree noticed my sticker on the car and asked if I was retired military...of course I said yes !  Free...all free !  Normally it is $11.00 per person.

They have a wonderful presentation you must see ! They even had it in closed caption so Andy could enjoy it. Well worth the trip  !  If you want to get closer you can pay the $4 to take a bus to the base. I chose to use my zoom lens on the camera !  lol...I kill me !!  Dang, I am funny !!!!

Entrance
This is the sculpture that was made for making of Crazy Horse.
I had to find "just the right angle"
What it looks like now.

Since we by-passed North Dakota.  "REALLY" can you blame me for by-passing North Dakota.  You Betcha huh Melody !  We decided to take a little mini tour to Devil Tower in Wyoming.

There are many wonderful Indians stories about Devil Tower. Most stories and legends have something to do with a bear trying to claw it's way to the top.  You might want to Google and pick the one you like best.

About 5 miles away
It is just amazing how this granite rock just shoots up like this
Close enough to see the bear claw markings

Heading west towards Yellowstone National Park.




No comments:

Post a Comment