Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mexico Trip

Yesterday we decided to take a trip to Tijuana, Mexico.  Everyone was so worried !  Why, I don't know. I never felt as if we were in any danger.  All the people we meet we very nice and open.  One thing thou is for sure...you can't walk down the street without a store keeper blocking your way and trying to get you into their shop.  They were very friendly!





We didn't purchase very much.  Andy bought a purse for less than a 1/3 of what they wanted.  She recieved a good deal because that's all the cash we had. Ha ha !    I am sure he still made a profit.   I bought 2 bottles of booze for less than half.  We spent all our cash and we didn't have a penny to tip our  guide and driver...now that's bad.  So I got his name and address and will mail a check to him today. I felt so bad !  He said don't worry about it...but you know me...It will be done !


The food was amazing and very inexpensive.  They would give of free shots of Tequila everywhere we went.  I guess when you buy booze they want you to try it all...taste tests!  So if you want to drink and not pay for it just go to the shops and "taste test"   lol  Even in the restaurants they want you to try "their" Tequila.



Going into Mexico was so easy...they really don't care.  Maybe a 10 minute wait !  Coming to US is another story.  Our tour guide said it can take up to three hours to get through sometimes.  He said it is the busiest border crossing in the world...about 150,000 to 200,000 people a day.   Since we were with a tour company it took us only about 30 minutes but we didn't have to wait like the others.  I am sure we saved over 1 1/2 hours.  So glad we took a tour bus !  I highly recommend it and it is very inexpensive !  Doing so will save you so much time, energy and frustration.  Saw one young women getting arrested coming back into the states.  Don't know how or why... they really don't check anything!  Maybe no border crossing list !  AL MAYBE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN YOU...LOL    Just teasing !



Martin I asked around for your girlfriends but I think they all moved away... to Texas !  As I was asking the local people, one guy over heard me say your name.   He told me stories about you.  I guess you are very..no very..famous here !  Almost a legend !

We had a very good time. Andy was trying her spanish out for the first time in a long time. She did pretty good.   Kept thinking if Brent were here !  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment