Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Life in our RV !

We have been gone 6 weeks now!  We left Portland, Oregon on December 15, 2011.   Time has gone fast!  As we look back, we have done so much!  We have spent a lot of time with family and friends.  We do miss our family and friends back in Portland that's for sure but we have no desire to rush home at this very moment.

I have never seen Andy so calm and relaxed.  I believe, from what we have discussed, she is enjoying this very much.  So am I !

So far, for the most part, we are staying within budget.  We look at expenses on a weekly basis and adjust from there.  We don't feel in the slightest we are roughing it or going without.  Our biggest expense is resort fee's, entertainment and food. We haven't spent anything on fuel for motorhome since we haven't moved in a month.  I am sure that will change down the road starting in March.  There were a few things we had to purchase that we didn't think we would need.  Heck, we didn't even think about it !  They were mostly small items but they can add up. Kathy and Garth budget accordingly.  lol

So what is it like living in a motorhome in the San Diego area?  Well, first of all, the weather has been fantastic.  I have been told by several people that live down here that the weather has been better than normal.  If that is so...Great !  The average temp has been around 70 degrees and sunny.  It has rained twice since we left Portland.  Our daily routine...there is none really.  We do what we want and when we want to do it.  If we feel like taking a trip to visit friends, family or being tourist we do it.  We reserve the right to change our mind when ever we want.  Maybe this isn't a motorhome thing but more likely retirement thing!

Our motorhome is so easy to take care of.  It takes about 5-10 minutes to clean it. We have everything we need.  I can't think of anything we need that we don't have.  Well maybe a bathtub !  lol  We don't feel cramped or crowded.  We feel we have plenty of room.  We both agree we could live in this thing for a very long time. We did have a few issues with the RV.  The toilet for one...kept clogging with toilet paper. The fix...stop using so much...lol   Another was burned out light bulbs...some were hard to find !  This RV uses about 8 different types of bulbs.  Had a few replacements but didn't have enough.  Kathy and Garth gets lots of bulbs...lol.  As you can see the motorhome issues haven't been an issue

Normally we get up in the morning about 0630 or 0700.  I normally get a cup of coffee and get on my computer to check my emails, blog and to check the daily news while Andy does the same.  She often writes her emails then or does her Andy's Parcel work.  If we have something planned for the day, depending on what that might be, we get on the road after lunch.  Everyday Andy takes her walk on the beach...she sure seems to enjoy that very much.

I spend about 20 - 25 hours a week doing this blog..it takes a long time to upload those pictures.  Very slow WIFI.  I enjoy doing it very much.  I wanted to keep a recorded history of this little adventure and share with all.  I hope others find it entertaining and interesting. If my readers, family or friends have a request I would love for you to let me know.  We have people looking at this site from 12 different countries.  The biggest audience outside of USA is Russia and Germany. How that happened I don't know.  There is a person as far away as India too...again I don't know how this is happening.  Maybe one of you will read this and tell me how you came upon this little blog.  I post on "Facebook" so I can let people know I posted a new update...I would like it very much if you share with your friends...all you have to do is hit the share button.  I would like to see how many people and countries this little blog can reach.  Again thank you all for letting me know you are reading and enjoying this adventure of mine and Andy's.  It means a lot to me !

Around 4:30 pm daily we normally take a drink to the beach, which is just a few steps away, to watch the sunset.  Afterwards we just hang around the motorhome.  I might watch TV and she might be playing "Angry Birds" ..never thought I would ever see her do that...or she might just putz around. She normally starts making dinner oh about 5:30 pm.  Dinner is normally ready at 6:30pm.  We will watch a DVD after dinner until around 8:30 pm then it's off to bed.  Sometime I stay up and some time I don't. If I do, I am in bed around 1030 or 1100 pm.

I know not very exciting huh !  But the biggest difference, I do believe, is we don't "have" to do anything.  We can always change our minds and adjust our day.  We, no I, don't have to put aside time for work. Andy does but on a smaller scale..we set aside Monday morning and maybe Tuesday morning for her Andy's Parcel time.  Even that can be negotiated!  lol  Laundry is done once a week.  You would be surprised how few clothes we wear in warmer weather...lol

We are getting ready to head to Florida next to see my family and to take a cruise for a week...can't wait to see them all.   Friday we are going to take a trip across the border to Mexico..will keep you posted on that little trip...should be interesting!

Oh by the way Sheila you were correct !  Ice in a glass !  25 Bucks coming your way !   You didn't cheat now did you?  Hummm

No comments:

Post a Comment