Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Break...kids are gone... we play !

We decided to take "Spring Break" like everyone else down here, so off we went to Dantes Pool and Bar.

Our Mascot
Our perch !
Our playground
Melody's drink of choice
The "Black Widow"  hanging out in her web !  Bang your dead !
Keith was so sad his kids left...He is faking guys! If you only knew !

We were here just a few minutes and here they come!  Walking like they owned the place.  All eyes were upon them.  I still don't know why !  I guess I am too innocent !

The Divas
In typical Key West fashion
For the guys....
Barney fell in love

We were told we might see a lot of crack down here during "Spring Break".  I have always said crack kills...but I didn't know they meant this...

This crack ...  "KILLS" !
This crack..NOT SO MUCH !
So I guess the morale of the story is...  Some crack kills while some don't !  Just like "Almond Joy got nuts and Mounds don't"   I kill me...  ha ha !!!


Last night we went on a Sunset Party Cruise with some friends and Andy's lovely sister Tammy.  Most of the kids on the boat, about 30, were "Spring Breakers.

Bert, Tammy and Andy getting ready to board the Sunset Party Boat
Casey can you sail one of these ?

When we were heading back to port they, "spring breakers" started shouting their school names, cheers and songs. Ohio..Michigan..Florida etc... One school would start shouting then another would shout back..on and on it went.  It was getting a little rowdy but fun!

Andy looked at me and said "Retired"...well I seized the moment, and her idea !  I loudly shouted "Retired"  "Retired".  Quickly, Kieth and I were shouting "Retired"..."Retired".  All of a sudden, and very quickly, all the other retired people started shouting "Retired"..."Retired".  We were louder than they were !  The school cheering stopped.  All the attention was on us !

It was amazing, the look on their young faces !! We knew what they were thinking.. and they knew we knew!  "Shit, I have to work the next 40 year"s to be so lucky".

Pretty soon they were fist bumping us and giving us "High Fives".  Afterwards, once we were off the boat, they found out some of us were retired military.  They thanked us for our service and offered to buy us some drinks if would go to where they were hanging out.  We pollitly said "thank you but it's getting late, we've had a long day". We went home to bed ! It was 9:00 pm !



No comments:

Post a Comment