Friday, April 4, 2014

Fishing for the live ones with the best bait !

We are staying in Panama City, Florida at Tyndell Air Force Base. We decided to take a little 30 minute trip through Mexico Beach to Cape San Blas and then onto St Joseph Peninsula Florida State Park.

The day was sunny and around 77 degrees with a slight breeze.  We packed a picnic lunch and we were off!
St Joseph Peninsula State Park...no "Spring Breakers" here !

 I decided to try my luck at fishing.  However, I really didn't have any good bait except a few lures.

Me and my pole !

The lures I was using wasn't producing much luck.  I didn't even have a nibble.  Oh, I just have to catch something...anything !  Oh what oh what to use!  Think Preston !

Ya Ha,  I have an idea !  I know this will catch most anything! I now had the best bait in the world and it should catch the best quickly!

I was thinking positive now !

Now I am ready to land the best catch !
Ha ha...I caught the best !  It did take a while to land her.   What a fighter !

After catching the beach babe I had another idea.  I went fishing for tourists.  I cast the lure, $20, on the beach and waited. It didn't take very long before a few tourists saw the $20 bucks.  I started reeling it and they were chasing the bait. They thought the wind was blowing it out to sea.  It was really funny. It reminded me of a bunch of Barracudas chasing a bait !  Afterwards, they were all good sports...thank goodness !

Another great day hanging out with Keith and Bert !

Thanks Bert for the action pictures 

The fist stop was Cape San Blas.  The area is mostly homes on the beach with one or two areas that had beach access.
A couple of woman fishing while the kids play
Mister Keith hanging out !   Didn't you learn in the Navy to keep your hands out of your pockets...SIR !



No comments:

Post a Comment