Monday, March 21, 2016

Our last days in Mexico !

We, the group, decided to take our new "Grand kids" and our newest visitor, I mean fresh meat, Tammy, to the "Street Market" in Guaymas.  We thought it would be kidda fun to take the local bus from San Carlos to Guaymas.

What the heck !  All the Gringos are in the back of the bus while all the Mexicans are in the front. I don't deserve this...I am an American !  lol

We had to hang on for dear life.  It was like going to Disneyland. The bus ride takes about 20 minutes and costs 12 pesos, which is about 85 cents.

At the market you can get fresh meat, fish, veggies and even used underwear.  How great it that! I opt out on the underwear thing but I think Carson got some for his dad. lol


Is there anyone who could not love this face. Hang on, this is going to be a wild ride.

Wyatt and Carson are not so sure about this crazy bus ride! I wonder what Carson is thinking! Look at that smile Ummm!


Here we are having pork tacos from one of the street vendors.  They were so good, about the best thing I've had to eat since we've been here, other than Andy's cooking of course! I had 4 tacos with all the trimmings for less than $2.00 USD total ! Before we came to Mexico everyone said, the people that have never been here, "don't eat from the street vendors you will get sick" !  Yea right !  Andy and I didn't get sick !


Yummy ! Look at all those smiles.  Jim what are you looking at ?

Silly sisters. Big sister ..big hat.  Little sister...little hat.   Andy is also playing "Peek a Boo".

Smile Jim, your face won't break !

Wyatt who is your friend?  

Andy and Jim rented some kayaks for the week and went out on most calm days.  Today, Andy didn't go, Jim and Tammy did. I was told they saw lots of dolphins right by their kayaks.


Tammy and Jim on their morning paddle.

Andy was worried Jim wouldn't bring Tammy back.  Come back Tammy...come back !  She said "NO"


We decided to wait until Tammy came to Mexico to take another horseback riding trip. Andy decided one trip was enough. However, she did meet us afterwards for lunch at the "Soggy Peso".

Casey and Anne. Casey looks so gay with his pants rolled up! What the heck Casey ! lol  Something Larry would do !  

Don't fall off the horse Kaila

Tamera the Mexican Princess.

I can ride all by myself and I will next time !  I like this one !


On our second to the last night in San Carlos we rented a boat and did a Sunset Cruise.  This included all of our original group plus our new family minus Tim...the dad.  We were able to rent the entire boat for only our group for about $35 a person....that is for a 2+ hour adventure. The ladies provided food and beverages.

Wyatt was our sound man. What a great mix of songs and music! He spent days putting together 2 hours of the finest sunset music you could ever want to hear.  Lots of the music was classic rock with the right mix of reggae.  I didn't think a kid of his age would have ever known that type of music..  As the sun was setting he even selected the theme music from the "2001 Space Odyssey" movie.  We were all very impressed !  Good job Sir Wyatt !

While on the cruise the captain took us around the bay to look for dolphins. It didn't take long.  We were in them quickly and spent a lot of time among them, The dolphins were playing around the boat and were surfing the bow wave. At times they were so close to the bow the kids could have touched them. I wish I had the pictures to show but those dang things are to fast and wouldn't pose. The kids loved it. Well, so did the big kids too !

Champagne and sisters...like peas and carrots.

Leaving the Marina

Does she have a license to do this? Oh this is Mexico...don't need one ! 

I am the Captain now !  I can do it all by myself, See !

We had dolphins swimming right next to us for at least a half hour

Enjoying the company.

So cute.  Both of them !

Talk to the hand Andy...Talk to the hand !

This is one of the rare times I actually saw Malia.

Look at those shifty beady eyes. I can't trust this kid !  What is he up to.  Is he thinking of throwing his sister overboard !  Maybe !!!

Yes, there was even a "Sunset" on the "Sunset Cruise".

The sun is setting on our Mexico visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment