Sunday, April 3, 2016

Amazing Antelope Canyon ! We are heading home!

We are slowly heading north for home. We stopped in Phoenix to see Bert and Ernie. Decided to check out the Renaissance Festival. Wasn't as good as I remembered. We still had a nice day hanging out with each other and enjoying the weather.



                                        Our last day with Jim Bob, Andy is very sad!

Ernie (Keith), Bert, Andy and Jim
Their new best friend.
They just had to ride a camel...Bert begged and begged Keith for the $5.  "But, I want to" she would say!! lol
I have no idea what Jim is crying about !  I think Bert was scaring him or is pinching his butt !
Now this guy was good! Amazing !


We are in Page Arizona for a few days to check out the sites. What a beautiful place. Many things to see and do.

We are camped along Lake Powell at the Wahweap Campground and RV Park.  Andy even had the chance to cook on a open fire.  How lucky is she!!

Took this picture from our RV Site
Lake Powell as in dumps into the canyon
We had to drive the RV across this.  Andy was freaking out !

No, the picture isn't "off center" !  Andy is !   
Glen Canyon Dam
Below the bridge

We headed to Horseshoe Canyon. It was a 3/4 miles walk to the rim and another 3/4 walk back. Going up hill both ways. No really it is true.  We just took our time and had a wonderful walk. Enjoying the sun and views.

The opening to Horseshoe Bend.


Colorado River in Horseshoe Bend



I finally got Andy to sit on the edge of a deep cliff. She was pretty scared but I warned her "if you don't sit there I would throw you off the cliff". I also insisted she have a smile on her face !

Sitting on the edge of a cliff.
Help me...help me.  It is a long way down !
Yea...like I could get her to sit on the edge of a cliff.
Real cliff ! See, I did it !


We stayed an extra day to check out the Upper Antelope Canyon. So glad we did ! What a place ! It is one of those "must do" things. It costs a few dollars but well worth it.

We took the 11:30 tour so we could see the "Light Beams"! The only reason we were able to get the tour, at that time, was because someone cancelled. We were very lucky because the 11:30 am and 1:30 pm tours are booked weeks in advance. The tour was guided by a Navajo Indian named Abraham. The "Light Beams" are only beaming for a couple of hours when the sun is high in the sky.

I can't stress enough how wonderful this place is. These picture's don't do it any justice.  No words really to describe the beauty of the area. So just enjoy !

Entrance to the canyon
Amazing !























As I was walking through the Canyon I kept thinking, "Dennis and Beth would simple just love this place".  Da,  I guess just about anyone would !


No comments:

Post a Comment