Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wet n Wild ...next stop Fort Huachuca ! (Apache Flats )

We have been in the Phoenix, Arizona area for the past three weeks.  The weather has been hot and sunny.  Since we left Portland Oregon we have seen rain 5 times!  However, it rained so hard the other day, I believe we got the same amount of rain Portland Oregon gets all winter...it even hailed with lightning and thunder !

Yesterday we went to  " Wet N Wild " had had a great time playing in the water. It was 87 degrees and wonderful. For you that know me, you know I can be like a kid !  I was !

That's not me  
Racing and I won !  Guess the heavier the better  :+(
We thought of Hunter, Kennedy and Jeff in the Kiddy Fun Place !
Soaking the sunshine


It feels like you are going to fly off the top and into the sky !


Higher than it looks !


The start of the Toilet Bowl..almost straight down !

Going down the drain 


Last night we decided to stay in the area, got a hotel room, so we could go to the RV Rally.  What a total disappointment...we won't be going to "The Rally" again.  We have done the same at RV Shows.

On the way home, the RV, we stopped at Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, in Coolidge, AZ.  I was told it was build around 1300 AD. One of the oldest Native American sites in North America.  It was interesting and educational.

Four stories build before 1300 AD


Tomorrow morning we will be heading south of Tuscan Arizona. We will be staying at Fort Hauchuca, Arizona, it's about 150 miles from here.  While we are there, we plan on seeing Old Tucson Studios,( where lots of western movies were filmed), Tombstone, Bisbee Mines, Kartchner Caverns and Cochise Stronghold.  We will be at Fort Hauchuca for 2 weeks... then who knows !  Since we have been getting great deals at military bases and forts we stay there when we can.

I finally accomplished something ! Otto and Barbara you will be proud of me !  I finally got the hot water thing all figured out.  I haven't heard a word about hot water in 2 whole weeks.  The hot water heater was just fine.  She was trying to heat the water by electricity and propane at the same time...lol  The water heater was confused ...just like me.  LOL   It took almost a year to get this straight but at least I won't hear " Preston there is no hot water."  All quiet on the RV Front !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment