Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tombstone and Bisbee, Arizona !

We have only six weeks left on our Adventure and it has flied by so fast.  I believe Andy is the calmest I have ever seen her.  The other day she sat for 6 hours playing "Angry Birds" on her phone.  Every once in a while I heard her say "yes".  I believe she is trying for three stars on all games.  I have been reading a lot and planning our adventure...like places we want to see.  The plan for now, is to be in Boise, Idaho before Andy's birthday, May 6.  Then onto Portland, Oregon by the 15th of May.  Maybe we could head off again on the 19th of May...lol

For some of you that might not know, we are staying in Apache Flats RV Resort  here at Fort Huachuca, Arizona.  I believe it is the nicest place we have stayed and it's a military base...who would have thought !  The military lets us eat at the "Mess Hall "  if we want.  Breakfast is like $2.50 and lunch is $4.25.  With prices like that..it's a "no brainer".  Even though we haven't done it yet !  lol

Yesterday we went to Tombstone, Arizona to check it out,  it's only 20 miles away.  We had a great time and learned a lot.  We went to the gun fights at the OK Corral and a few other places.  Boot Hill was a little disappointing... not really much there and grave sites are not really marked...not that I really want to see graves.  Tombstone is a place you could spend the whole day there. We did.

She just had to have a picture of her with the Earp's and Doc Holliday


I think Andy's favorite place was here in Big Nose Kate's Saloon...maybe because she had a Long Island Iced Tea...ya think !  Maybe the music too..but not sure about that !

Big Nose Kate was Doc Holliday's girlfriend
Inside of Big Nose Kate's Saloon
Eileen..you like ?  Just for you !
I went to take a picture of this guy in the band, a one man band, and he pulled his six shooter on me...BASTARD !



Doc Holliday and Mayor of Tombstone

Lots of killings and history here !  Bullet holes everywhere !


Streets of Tombstone
If you ever go to Tombstone..see if you can find this sign..I did....Good Luck !!!

See above !
Court House
Pictures behind the bench is of Washington and Lincoln

This is where they hung'um up
Boot Hill


On Wednesday we went to the Bisbee, Arizona to check out the Queen mines.  It is a copper mine that started like back in the late 1800's. In 1900, Bisbee was the largest cosmopolitan center between St Louis and San Francisco.  The mine has a contant temperture of 45 degrees...so a little chilly for us ...I bet the people in Portland, Oregon would feel right at home...lol

Down we go !


1500 ft of rock above us !
Andy just had to know !
All aboard !


Very interesting and beautiful...I want it but not at $235 bucks !
Open mine
Lake in open mine..


Today we are going to just hang out and chill. Maybe I will finish the "Hunger Game Series".  I haven't read this much in my life.  I believe Andy wants back her Kindle back !  lol    Andy just came back from a little hike and saw a deer...she is excited !

No comments:

Post a Comment