Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day One !

We left this morning in the rain and fog at 10:15 am.  Andy had a hard time leaving Roxy but she made it through with only red sore eyes.  This was harder than we both though it was going to be...but excited too.  I had a hard time saying goodbye to Brent but I didn't let him know because we both would have been in tears. Saying good bye to Adam, Falon and Kloee was hard.  It's all good now and the adventure begins.

We are stopped for the night now in Ashland, Oregon at the Wells Springs Resort. Resort it is not!!  In no way Jose !  The place is a 1960's "Hippy" throw back.  I don't believe the RV's that are here, except ours, have moved in over 20 Years.  Reminded me of the Hots Springs I went to in 1997.  The water we were suppose to use smelled like sulfur.  No way was I going to drink..bath..or anything in that stuff.  So instead of a dinner Andy was going to cook, we didn't want to cook using that smelly stuff they call H2O, we had yummy hamburgers. I need to learn how to choose a place better!  I guess when you go on an adventure this stuff will happen.  I am sure we will laugh and talk about this for days and weeks.  Andy and I looked at each other and said "Let the Adventure Begin" when we saw this place.  It was funny!

On our way down to Ashland, Oregon "Epinephrine" ran like a charm...just purred !  We got 6.9 miles to the gallon compared to 7.1 miles without towing the car.  I think that's pretty good considering we weigh 22,000 pounds and travelling down the road at 60-65 miles an hour.  Tomorrow will be a short travel day, if the weather holds, to Redding, California.  I hope I make a better decision where to stay than I did today..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment