Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day Three !

We departed Redding, California today at 10:30 am and got to Santa Nella, California about 1630 that's 4:30 pm for you civilians. LOL  Again nice place!  On the way down we stopped for gas and the car in front of us wouldn't start.  Since I couldn't move forward or backwards that could have caused a problem. I couldn't just jump their battery because they were 20 feet in "Front" of me.  Instead I got out my handy dandy 110 V battery charger with a quick jump button..oh no..wait no 110 V.  I am not connected..but wait..yes I do.  I just started the generator from inside the coach and got out my extension cord and just plugged it in.  "Whamo" Their car started right up and I was able to move forward and get some gas...I am proud of myself for getting that thing..lol  Our gas mileage from Asland, Oregon to Santa Nella, California...through all the passes was 6.7 MPG.  That's not bad when it burns 7.1 normally.  I believe it works out to about .50 cents a mile.  Well thinking of it that way... it's real bad !  lol

We are 275 miles from Los Angeles, California.  Should get there tomorrow afternoon but I might want to hang around here and watch the Seattle Seahawks football game.  So maybe Monday instead of tomorrow.   Will make the decision and inform Jeff and Christine what the plan is .  They have been so kind to let us Park the RV in the driveway...can't thank them enough... but dinner will be on us.  That's the least I can do for such wonderful family.

WE ARE ENJOYING THE TRIP DOWN !

No comments:

Post a Comment