Thursday, January 26, 2012

Midway Aircraft Carrier !

What a nice day!  Sunny with not a cloud in the sky and 78 Degrees !

I put lots of pictures on here because I thought people might want to see the inside of an aircraft carrier.  I haven't seen or been in one my 56 years of my life.  This ship was in service until 1995 I do believe.  It was in Dessert Storm and one of the first aircraft carriers that deployed their aircraft.

                                                                 Just me !
                                                              Flight Deck Fore
                                                              Flight Deck Aft
                              Where these Christmas lights come from....standard issue?

                                                        Pilot Briefing Room

                                                            BOSS Station
                                                           Captains Chair
                                                                Radar
                                                       Full steam ahead

                                                 Drivers seat...oh wait..no seat !
                                                     Senior enlisted quarters
                              Lower enlisted quarters..talk about making your buddy smile!
               
We decided to take a 35 mile trip to San Diego to check out the Midway Aircraft Carrier and stroll around downtown. Andy didn't really want to check out the boat, so I did alone, while she walked around the bay.  I spent about 2 .5 hours on the ship.  Boy is it big !!

                                    Mine was bigger but I still had to drive...Not Fair !

                                                         Slurp Slurp Slurp !


We decided after the boat tour to stop and have a drink...very yummy!

Larry and Ernie coming down this weekend...Maybe Mexico ! Maybe Sea World !  They will tell me which place I am going..exciting not knowing  !!  lol

Martin I am trying to get to MCRD but she doesn't want to go !  I will go when she goes back to Portland for a week in February.  Anyone you want me to say hello to.  Oh yea they are most likely retired by now !  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment